Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pulp City Hotel

After way way to much calculating to figure the print scale from PAINT, I broke down and bought some peel and stick paper to get to work on Hotel windows and doors.

Here's the front of the hotel minus a sign ... have yet to select a name and put it on the top edge, along with probably a Clock. Colored marker pen to touch up corners, though I found that if I wrap the pattern bricks around the corner it eliminates that particular problem. Back of the hotel is flat up against the back edge of the placard, hence no sidewalk for the flip side, but it can abut to a ally from the next 2x4 board. Planning on some low wide windows behind the foliage and a "cafĂ©" front for the next part of the wide sidewalk.  Another tip was PAINT, set the basic paint area to 1500 x 1200 pixels, and then the area inside works out to 160 pixels = 1 inch (very roughly). When I ran a test print of a shop front based on it, it came out to within 1/16th of an inch of my target, unfortunately I also saw that I have to make sure the Doors will print in the scale I want and the rest of the building front has to be trimmed to fit based on the door! Constant learning process.

Probably on the left side of the buildings picture I might work on the Fire escape.... hmmmm.

1 comment: