Monday, November 21, 2011

Soviet Forces Battle Italian Forces

So at the game club the other night I got the oppurtunity to field my Wierd World War II Soviet forces against the Itallians of a co gamer that is working hard at increaseing his total force composition. We worked out the points by having him buy all his avialable forces and then I matched them.

First picture shows my waves of Penal Battalion troops surging forward covering the Shock Squad of all smgs with armor on the flank.

Opening shots knocked out the major tank on each side but the Italians walkers suffered from badly aligned sighting systems and were shot up by my soviet Light Tanks.
My attempt to take the hill on my left flank finally was carried after taking a hugh amount of fire from the right flank hill where the Italian Paratroopers were dug in. Support fire from my reserve squads LMG managed to find the range and shot down most of the Para's which in turn let my final Penal Battalion forces to sweep up and into hand to hand fighting, throwing the surviving Italians in rout off the board.  Sadly, after 3 turns of my 2 light tanks firing like mad at the sole surviving walker, the Last shot of the game blew off a leg and crashed it to the ground in a blazing ruin. The Itallian command section gave up screaming for reinformcements and retreated off the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment